Welcome to Emmaus

Emmaus Baptist College believes that the Bible should be at the heart and core of all education and is the standard for evaluating all claims to knowledge. The Bible, as the inspired Word of God, is instrumental in thoroughly equipping God’s servants for ministry. Emmaus Baptist College exists as a distinctive conservative, Landmark, Missionary Baptist institution of higher education to prepare men and women for ministry.

Temple Meek.jpg

A Message from the Administrative Dean

This year marks a new beginning at Emmaus Baptist College. I consider it an honor to continue the legacy of this institution which has been training students in the Word of God since 1954. As we pass on the heritage of the truth to future generations, we will not forget to hold to the ancient landmarks as we "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

OUR MISSION

EBC Torch - Large.png

The mission of the college is to equip men and women for Christian service through effective Biblical, professional and general education. The goals for achieving this mission are:

  • Spiritual – orient, motivate, and lead students to Christian maturity and spiritual depth

  • Academic – provide a clear understanding of the Bible as the basis for Christian life and thought

  • Intellectual – develop each student's ability to think critically, communicate clearly, and rightly divide the Word of God

  • Professional – produce graduates fully competent for Christian service in the area of their calling

Woman with Bible

OUR HISTORY

EBC Torch - Large.png

Emmaus Baptist College had its beginnings in October of 1954 when the Florida Baptist Institute and Seminary was organized at First Missionary Baptist Church of Auburndale.  During the 1955-56 school year it operated under the sponsorship of the Eastside Baptist Church of Mulberry. The first full time school year was the 1956-57 term with Grace Baptist Church in Lakeland as sponsor.

 

The school was moved to Lakeland in the summer of 1957 and Albert Garner was called as the first full time president, a position he held until August of 1970. During his tenure the school received a state charter, was approved for training veterans and foreign non-immigrant students. By 1966 the school had developed an 8 1/2 acre campus in Lakeland. In 1968 Florida Baptist College was organized. Florida Baptist College and Florida Baptist Institute and Seminary were placed under the administration of Florida Baptist Schools, Inc.

 

In 1989 the Lakeland campus was sold and the college moved to Brandon where a new educational building was completed in 1990. In 2007 the name of the school was changed to Emmaus Baptist College, a name that refers to one of the greatest teaching experiences in the Bible (Luke 24).

 

Today the school enjoys a beautiful ten acre campus located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Brandon, Florida. In its 68 year history Emmaus Baptist College has hundreds of alumni scattered around the globe, faithfully serving the Lord.

Affiliation &  Accreditation

Emmaus Baptist College is a member of the American Baptist Association of Theological Schools and subscribes to the Catalog of Uniform Standards. The State of Florida Commission for Independent Education recognizes the exemption of Emmaus Baptist College, Inc., from governmental oversight under Florida Statute 1005.06(1)(f). Since its inception in 1954, Emmaus Baptist College has remained an independent private college and is not subject to governmental oversight. As such, Emmaus is not accredited through a US government recognized accrediting agency. Many colleges, universities and seminaries have accepted credits and degrees from Emmaus Baptist College, yet no institution is under any obligation to do so.

EBC Torch - Large.png